Friday night favourite – Pizza!! Everyone loves pizza right!? Mmm…. So here is a recipe for a cauliflower based pizza that is sure to please even the gluten eaters in your life 🙂
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP coconut flour (optional)
- Seasonings for the base, eg: garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- Tomato paste (from the supermarket, or make your own)
- Toppings of your choice
What you need to do:
1. Cut up cauliflower and ‘zizz’ (yes that is the technical word) in the blender till it looks like cauliflower snow.
2. Cook cauliflower in microwave for approx 8 mins.
3. Place cauliflower in freezer for 5-10mins to cool.
4. Get a tea towel and wring the sh*t out of the cauliflower (hence it has to be cooled or you will burn your hands!).
5. Mix cauliflower, egg, coconut flour and seasonings in a bowl. I used garlic, salt and pepper, oregano and had fresh basil on hand so chopped it up and added it to the mixture. Oh, I also threw in some parmesan. Pretty much free reign on what you want to add at this stage – experiment and see what you like.
6. Once all ingredients are combined, place onto greased baking paper and rollout into pizza shape.
7. Bake at 160 degrees for 10-15mins or till golden.
8. Prepare your toppings while the base is cooking. I did a half and half pizza of chicken, avo, capsium and margarita-ish (cheese, tomato, ham and basil). Totally up to you what you want to do with yours 🙂
9. Smother the base with tomato paste (I used store brought as I was being lazy) and your toppings.
10. Cook for another 5-10 mins, or until cheese has melted.
11. Serve and enjoy!!