Loving your clean, healthy and nutritious diet but missing yummy bread as a vehicle for all your favourite spreads or eggs? Looking for an easy peasy, ‘throw everything in a bowl’ bread recipe that actually lets you slather on the peanut butter/ marmite or make a delicious sandwich that isn’t going to crumble apart in your hands?! It is your lucky day because this is just what this recipe delivers!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbs whole flaxseeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup arrowroot powder (or arrowroot substitute which is sold in all New Worlds)
- 90gm butter (or coconut oil)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup greek plain yogurt (or coconut cream if you want a paleo version)
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, whole flax seeds, salt, baking soda and arrowroot powder together
- Melt the butter and let cool for 5 or so minutes
- Whisk melted butter together with the eggs, apple cider vinegar and yogurt (or coconut cream if you are using)
- Gently mix wet and dry ingredients together to form a batter. Be careful not to over mix otherwise you will be left with dense bread
- Pour batter into a greased/non stick loaf pan. Sprinkle top with whole flax seeds.
- Bake at 180° until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, approximately 25 minutes
- Allow bread to cool on a wire rack. Cut into thin slices and enjoy.
Note: please remember this bread won’t last as long as your ol’ tip top because there are no preservatives or nasties so please consume within a few days of baking. Although this has never been a problem in our household.