I follow a mostly paleo diet, so this is a wee bit RADICAL for me (how lame is my life huh?!) but Iately I have been getting back into overnight oats.
This recipe is inspired by my ongoing obsession – MANGO! Seriously, HOW GOOD IS MANGO?!! And, I mean any kind of mango, dried, fresh, pureed, I’m not picky when it comes to this golden fruit of deliciousness.
I was lucky enough to have a day off work when I made these so I could create this when I got home after the gym. When I make these on a normal workday they don’t look anywhere near as pretty as this, they are more a-smooshed-into-Tupperware, not-at-all-pretty creation. But, as I had the luxury of eating breakfast at home (I know, I know, the exciting life I live..) I thought I would make it pretty just for you lovely people. And we all know that a good picture makes a recipe much more enticing hey?!
Mango banana overnight oats:
- Soak 1/3 cup oats overnight in 1/4 cup of almond milk (or any milk), 2TSB of Greek yoghurt and a dash of vanilla essence
- Chop banana and mango and freeze overnight
**In the morning**
- Blend frozen banana and mango till puréed
- Layer mango/banana purée and overnight oats
- Eat 🙂
- Add a scoop of protein powder (increasing your protein macros – win! These also known as pro-oats)
- Use berries, grated apple or any other fruit instead – I usually just sprinkle them in the oats and then they are ready to go in the morning
- Add cinnamon